Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 21 Jan 2006 16:49:16 EST
From:         Jeff Oxroad <Oxroad@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Polish or Wax?
Comments: To: rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM

I've always been afraid of polishing compound, and so have never used it. My fear may be irrational. (I'm also afraid fo clowns, which some tell me is unwarranted.)

I always used Classic Car Wax until it became unavailable in about 2000. For those who didn't know it, it was a wax mixed with a mild abrasive so they called it a polishing wax.

Whatever it was it was the best thing I ever used on auto paint. Depending on the amount of oxidation on the paint, some of the color would show on the application rag.This I always considered the dead paint. The results as far as shine and durability were terrific.

Anyway since they stopped manufacturing Classic Car Wax I haven't found anything worth a dime in comparision.

Are you telling me if I use the polishing compound, then follow with a wax I can get, I dare say, the same results?

(Classic Car Wax was manufactured in West Palm Beach, FL originally in the 60s I believe. It was about $5 a can back in the 80s which was pricey at the time. It took some work to apply it, but the results were unparallelled. Later the Wynn's/Pennzoil company took over Classic Car Wax until they stopped it production in about 2000. If anyone has a line on any warehoused Classic Car Wax still available please let me know.)

Best, Jeff 83.5 Westy LA,CA