Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Jan 2006 19:51:38 -0500
From:         rsf <feller@CARBONCOW.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bus Depot Report
Comments: To: vanagon-rcampbell@USA.NET

I have to make my comments on the issue. At the urge of a known poster on these boards I was told not to order from bus depot. Although I love van-café and gowesty.com the 7-10 days to ship to Ohio (from Cali) for standard shipping can be somewhat long and paying for priority hurts. I was hoping to use bus-depot in my own back yard so I gave them a shot. I’m in Ohio and they are in Pennsylvania. Considering I get my Saab parts from New England states (2 different companies) in 3-4 business days consistently I would hope similar from bus-depot. On my first order with them it has now been 11 days w/o a confirmation of shipment and an inquiry via email has not been responded to…although I saw someone post on here the other day from bus-depot. They answered my questions professionally and quickly prior to the sale but post sale, I’m not impressed. Although I am in no hurry for my parts I would expect a confirmation of order (did received that) and confirmation of shipment in this day an age on the web. I would also hope with standard shipping to get something quicker. I won rims on ebay for my van from a guy in Vermont and had them in three days via standard UPS and tires from Tirerack.com in Indiana in 24 hours! I wouldn’t expect every company to get things out the same day but the same week would be nice! Unless I get a good response from them on the delay I’m guessing van-café and gowesty.com will continue to get my business in the future. Shawn Receive UPS, Fed Ex and USPS daily in Central Ohio _____

From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of Robert Campbell Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 3:40 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Bus Depot Report Recently, there was a lot of concern about timely delivery, etc from Bus Depot. Well, here is the actual data regarding my transaction -- I need to replace the Master Cylinder - 2-day delivery requested. I was contacted on the day of shipment to confirm 2-day blue for $18. (which is very nice, because you never really know how much shipping will be on an order until it's ready to go) My order was the Master Cylinder and bleeders (in the event I break one). Order Placed: Thursday, 12 Jan 2006 02:49:14 PM EST (from email confirming order was received) Then on MONDAY, it was picked up at 7:43 PM and delivered to my Today (Wednesday, 2-days later) at 2:08PM

So, I guess I have got to state for the record that Bus Depot performed exactly how I would expect -- timely delivery and follow-up of my shipping option. And, Ron's statement that shipping times should improve is, I believe, reflected here. Order placed, parts pulled, packaged and shipped in a timely manner. Thanks Bus Depot for your service! -Robert Campbell '91 Carat - 169K+ miles on the ORIGINAL ENGINE (daily driver) Soon, improved stopping power :-)