Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:33:06 -0800
From:         Clint Kolda <clint_kolda@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Light improvements

I've got a backpacking sized LED lantern that the kids use in the pop-top. It works great and is portable for use around the campsite.

Clint Sioux Falls, Sd

Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:04:47 -0800 From: Alistair Bell <albell@UVIC.CA> Subject: Re: Light improvements

I bought one of those at "the future shop", was only around Can$16. I mounted it (using the good quality 3m double sided tape, the stuff that has red peel away backing and thickish clear adhesive strip - quite strong) on the transverse metal reinforcement bar at rear edge of op top cutout, over the right hand side seat. I ran a wire inside that metal bit and connected to the power feed to over sink light. I spliced in a switch at the light.

It does provide a good reading light in that area, and is rotate-able to a degree, but stiff to move. I think its worth the effort. I will be buying more.

Alistair

'82 westy, diesel converted to gas in '94 http://www.members.shaw.ca/albell/

On 24-Jan-06, at 11:20 AM, Jeffrey Vickers wrote:

I personally have not tried these LED units but I'm planning to get at least one and see what the output is. They are pretty cheap, easy enough to mount, look good and the tube rotates so you can direct the light. http://www.cardomain.com/item/VARHLW15WH