Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:56:00 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Questions regarding throttle valve switch
Comments: To: Robert Fisher <refisher@MCHSI.COM>

Robert,

The TPS performs two functions (at least).

At full throttle, it provides maximum fuel enrichment for all the obvious reasons. At the fully closed position, it shuts down the fuel supply when the engine is running over 1500rpm or so.

A misadjusted (or missing) TPS will cause the engine to surge on deceleration, especially around that 1500 rpm range.

I wouldn't get peeved at Roger - sounds like he has having some fun at your expense. Don't know about you, but I have a pretty good sized expense account for other folks' humor.

Karl Wolz