Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Jan 2006 02:20:58 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Leaking PS fluid, replace rack or just seals?
Comments: To: Mike Frost <mafrost@GMAIL.COM>

Actually it't the seal kit installation that is the PITA. I succeeded in breaking the cylinder barrel locking ring on mine. And that little sucker was thin machined aluminum with about 5 threads in it. So besides the kit that had to be installed, I had to take the ring to a machine shop, have them weld it, then rethread the thing, before I could finish the seal installation. Arrgh!! What a nightmare.

John