Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:09:00 +0000
From:         joe trussell <vanagongl@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Head gasket replacement cost
Comments: To: eduntz@HOTMAIL.COM

I've been going over and over this myself, pricing the parts to do it myself vs. talking with several shops in Denver; here is what I was quoted:

Blazer Automotive: $1000 just for gaskets, $2000 for heads/gaskets $4000 for a rebuild

Wright's German: Same

Verner's: Same

Conversions:

Concourse Motors: VW 2.0 conversion: $10,000.00 Audi 2.5 conversion: $15,000.00

Verners in Boulder: Subaru 2.2 Conversion: $6000.00

S-Wings in Denver: Subaru 2.2 Conversion: $7500.00

Est. Cost of me rebuilding my 1.9 w/ new heads: Around $2500.00

Tiico w/me installing: $5000.00

Est. Cost of me converting to 2.2 Subaru (based on a good deal on an engine): $3100.00

I'm doing the Subaru. I have a rust-free, near perfect Vanagon (sans motor) and I can't see going through all of the expense and work to be finished with it and still have to crawl up Loveland Pass at 35 MPH.

More info than you needed, but I thought I'd share!

Joe T. Denver, CO '85 Wolfsburg Westfalia

_________________________________________________________________ Don’t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/