Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:31:05 -0800
From:         TJ Hannink <tjhannink@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: why does everyone treat the list vendors as "BAD GUYS"???
Comments: To: JordanVw@AOL.COM

I've been on this list a long time and dealt with most of the list vendors at one time or another. Some transactions have gone smoothy, some haven't, but most of them were rectified by the vendor eventually. I have never expected red carpet treatment or asked for expaedited service on anything I order since I do my own maintenance and I try to make it all preventive instead of corrective. Some I will still purchase from, but I have found that I can get the same or better pricing from local part houses without having to pay the shipping costs.

I have only had one list vendor transaction that I was unable to resolve and ended up feeling like I had been "screwed over". I chose not to badmouth this vendor on the list but did vow never do business with him again or recommend him to anyone else.

I still am unwilling to air this out on the list; most times the outcome is that the "crybaby" is attacked, the vendor is praised and another 50 useless messages end up in the archives. A response like the one below just seems to reinforce that belief and brings the whole bad experience back up again for me.

Good luck, happy shopping and the buyer beware if that's the way y'all want it.

Tim

JordanVw@AOL.COM wrote: i never get it.. all of you all on this list are here for one reason - you have vanagons.. vanagons are comprised of parts... and the folks here on this list who offer their services and parts always seem to get slammed or badmouthed by someone who doesnt get "red carpet treatment" or whatever.. vendors are only HUMAN.. people make mistakes sometimes. half the people who complain dont even do their own work on their vans, or sit in an climate controlled office everyday in front of a computer and and expect everyone to cater to their whims and jump when they say jump, and want everything done ASAP when in reality they dont know the process and the trouble it takes sometimes to get parts and orders filled and shipped. they click their paypal button and expect the items next day on a silver platter. and then when they dont get what they want, they come on this list and whine and cry and badmouth like little babies to everyone when in actuality, they could have resolved the issue with then vendor without wasting bandwith here on the list. lighten up people!

i know ron, ken, jeff, and some orther vendors will read this and agree.. they might be afraid to say it but im not. if they were out of line, that is one thing. but take it up with them before you bring it to the list here.. i know for a fact that none of the vendors on this list would ever intentionally 'screw someone over" ..they are all decent people - and they share the same common love for vanagons as the rest of you..

this is the vanagon list! no crybabies allowed! :<)

ok, i am done for now :<)

chris