Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Jan 2006 02:47:13 +0000
From:         joe trussell <vanagongl@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Leaking PS fluid, replace rack or just seals?
Comments: To: rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM

In my last Vanagon, the original rack lasted 120k miles and the rebuilt model lasted about 50k, according to my mileage and the previous owner's records.

I ended up replacing the leaker with a manual rack out of an '83. $15 at the U-Pull-it yard. I also got the larger steering wheel. Honestly, I liked it better than the power rack; it felt more responsive. And, with the bigger steering wheel, I could see the gauges better.

When the rebuilt power rack dies on my current vanagon, I'll probably find another manual one...

Joe T. Denver, CO

_________________________________________________________________ Don’t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/