Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Jan 2006 01:10:01 -0800
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: why does everyone treat the list vendors as "BAD GUYS"???

My long delayed comments:

I have been told by someone I know who lost his business that "everyone (in business) has a bad reputation". He might still be in business if he did'nt think that. He had terrible employees. He made excuses for them.

I don't believe everyone in business is incompetent. There's always a customer who perceives bad service as they may have had better elswhere. Bad service can happen too. It just does, like bad weather. But this is'nt proof in itself of negligence of a vendor to this overly scrutinizing list.

No, if the vendors on this list are true to this statement that "all businesses have a bad reputation", then I don't think they would be members of this list which is critical of vendors or persons with bad reputations ( like Pharts Playce). It's hard to be a jerk and sell on this list in other words and get away with it.

SO every once in a while someone has a problem with service . That's Shocking! Welcome to the imperfect world.

One thing that is wise to consider is that if you need a part fast, buy locally and pay the price.

Yet mail order is faster than ever. When I lived in Alaska in the 60's and seventies, you could expect it in about 4 months.

Shipping sure was cheap though- I shipped my drumset to Seattle from Alaska for $50.00.

Robert

1982 Westfalia