Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:27:54 EST
From:         "Richard J. Jones" <Oe4vanagon@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bus Depot Report
Comments: To: gezapolony@SBCGLOBAL.NET

Hi Guys,

Richard here from OE VeeDub (OE stands for Original Equipment). Some of you might have heard of us. We import 85% German Parts for Bug, Bus and Vanagon. We supply mostly wholesale companies, however we do have a website (Out of date). _www.oeveedub.com_ (http://www.oeveedub.com) . An entirely new website with around 500 new lines for Vanagon should be up by February 25. I would recommend having a look when it is up. My family own a 66 Bug, 78 Thing, 80 Vanagon aircooled, 92 Double Cab and 2 Syncros. We must be Nuts! I used to work on all these vehicles but now let my sons have the fun.

I have been in this business since 1978, in the US since 1999 and have known Ron Salmon since 1999. His company have always got along with us just fine. We are competitors, however we are always happy to help one another out if either is short of inventory. (We also have an excellent relationship with Go Westy and many other Vanagon parts places).

I don't check this site very often. I know I should but never seem to find time - Sorry. If any of you guys ever have a problem with my company feel free to post this with Gerry. However PLEASE send me a copy at _sales@oeveedub.com_ (mailto:sales@oeveedub.com) , or _oeveedub@aol.com_ (mailto:oeveedub@aol.com) so that I personally can look into the matter. (If you have compliments, we don't mind these either).

A few more words about us: Our prices are on a cost plus basis, so you will find us very expensive on items like 211 411 051 drop arm (S Shape),as we had to purchase the remaining stock from VW America at a high price. (We will be supplying these used in future). I think you will find 90% of our products competitive. On the new site we will also list the manufacturer and country of origin on all items so you know exactly what you are ordering. As I am sure most of you know "OEM" stands for "Original Equipment Manufacturer." We also show Genuine for Genuine VW items, EEC for Europe (VW often have parts made in Hungary , Portugal, Ireland etc , so sometimes we are not sure but know the part is from Europe) Where we are sure we put De for Deutchland, Dk for Denmark, B for Brazil etc. Freight: A major issue for us bringing parts from Germany, so we understand it is for you. Our site assumes that you would be purchasing say, one rear wheel arch, so it charges accordingly. Obviously as the item is large you can ship two of these (and some small items) for the same price as one. The site software does not understand this. If you feel the freight is high please put a note on the order (there is a box on the secure cart), or click the "shipping to be determined later" icon. We often surprise customers by charging less freight than expected, particularly on larger orders. Some items have high freight because they are very fragile so they become a large box by the time they are packed. (Front plastic grills are a good example).

Used Parts: We are intending to bring Used parts in future from Germany (Particularly Double Cab and Syncro items, 4 Headlamp Grills (with Lights) etc. These are for our own "Toys". However if you are having trouble finding something please feel free to send me an e-mail. (Shipping would not be expensive if you were not in a rush as we would include these items in a container).

Sorry for the blatant plug for our company. Please continue to support us, Bus Depot, Go Westy and all the other suppliers and shops.

Richard Davies