Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 28 Jan 2006 11:00:54 -0800
From:         Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Announcement "Arizona Roundup Campout 2/18-20
Comments: To: Mark Tuovinen <mst@ak.net>

Oh, how I would love to go there again! We visited that spot in the fall of 1981, when my father was still living just outside Bisbee. The whole area really grabbed me.

There was a woman on the road to Douglas who made the most fantastic Mexican food and served it at three tables in her living room when she felt like it. It wasn't a restaurant per se, but if you were going by, and she was open, you could get a great meal!

Happy Camping guys.

On 1/28/06, Mark Tuovinen <mst@ak.net> wrote: > > Larry sounds great, we wil be there in spirit. Tucson is my birth city > and I would love to get down there someday with our van for some camping and > exploring. > > By the way, are you sure that Roadhaus is up to driving 15 miles of > washboard road? :-) > > Mark in AK - freezing in Margaritaville, where single digit temperatures > would be an improvement right now > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Larry Chase <roadguy@ROADHAUS.COM> > Date: Saturday, January 28, 2006 7:52 am > Subject: Announcement "Arizona Roundup Campout 2/18-20 > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > > > Volks, > > > > Please join us for the first and perhaps only .. > > > > "Arizona Roundup - Campout" > > > > Code named the "Great AZ Desperate-Escape". > > > > Details: > > > > Date: Feb 18 - 20 > > Location: Coronado Nat Forest "Council Rocks" area near Tombstone, AZ > > Western slope of the Dragoon Mts. > > > > Map Link > > http://www.roadhaus.com/images/Temp/Map.GIF > > > > No planned activities > > No services > > No facilities > > No bathrooms > > No Water > > No Electric > > No giveaways > > No entertainment > > No FEES $$$$$ > > > > Hiking, Petroglyphs, Great Scenery > > > > Primitive, dispersed camping at its best. > > > > Tired of snow, slush, single digit temps or just have the boring > > winter blues. > > > > If you can handle 15 miles of washboard dirt road to access the site, > > > > Point the VW bus towards Tombstone, AZ and come join us for a few > > days of > > AZ sunshine, warm temps and gorgeous Southern AZ scenery. > > > > Bob Stevens & Richard Jones from CO, Karl Woltz and myself from AZ > > decidedto go camping. > > > > Why not invite anyone you would like to attend, someone said > > during a late > > night cocktail induced email exchange. > > > > Great idea we all replied in fuzzy unison. > > > > This is perhaps the most informal event you've ever seen. > > > > Just good people sharing a campfire in a beautiful area of the > > SouthwestDesert. > > > > Pack it in, Pack it out. > > > > If interested ... Contact me for more details. > > > > larry chase > > www.roadhaus.com > > >

-- Jake 1984 Vanagon GL 1986 Westy Weekender "Dixie" www.crescentbeachguitar.com