Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 Feb 2006 21:16:05 -0600
From:         Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Installing Dash Volt-Meter?
Comments: To: vw4x4 <vw4x4@VERIZON.NET>

Yeah, the volt meters from those vintasge cars are a dime a dozen on ebay. Most of the old Audis from the 80's had them as well. Pick another gauge or two you'd like to have info for and buy one of those 3 gauge(or two gauge) "top of the dash consoles(VDO used to make one, but I've found them on ebay too) and mount it on top of your dash cover. I have vacuum, pressure and temmp. Additionally, I wired extra sensors and a couple switches so my temp gauge will show me either water or oil temp and the pressure will show either oil or fuel. 5 gauges fro the price of 3 sorta. My 87 4kq Audi will have 4 gauges on top of it's dash in addition to the oild temp and voltage in the console. When it comes to enigine info, I'm definitely a news junkie.

DM&FS

At 07:04 PM 2/2/2006, vw4x4 wrote: >A little while ago Radio shack had a nice temp. and volt >meter on sale. I bought 3 of them. WOrks great until the >outside temp. probe got wet. Temp. reading outside went nuts. > ALso I mounted mine to the plastic panal where the heat >comes out. Well need less to say that thing get real hot >and the side temp. also goes nuts. > > > JOE > > > > >Wesley Pegden wrote: > >>I'd really like to install a dash volt-meter in my '84. Has anybody >>done anything like this? Any opinions on what kind I should get, best >>way to install it, etc? I remember my dad's '89 cabriolet had a >>volt-gage. Should I try to find one of these and put it it? >> >>Thanks for any suggestions, >>Wes >>'84 manual 1.9l