Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 Feb 2006 15:27:51 -0800
From:         Robert Fisher <refisher@MCHSI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Just replaced the throttle switch and am having drivability
              issues

If we're talking about the same thing, I got a lot of hits searching for 'throttle valve switch', which is what the Bentley calls it.... tho some folks seem to call it the 'throttle position switch'. Did you say you got a new one? I opened mine and there was a lot of crap in there for something that looks like a sealed unit. It's a weird little mechanism- the plunger pushes the side of a spring which moves a lever in or lets it out. Mine was sticking apparently because of some goop on the wee contacts. Damn difficult finding something to clean in a space that small. I also found with testing that even with it adjusted properly on the bench, in the vehicle it didn't go back to 'open/no resistance' at the idle stop unless I let the throttle kind of 'snap back' in place- so I think it's still sticking. Dunno if this helps you any but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Good luck, Robert

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Sisler" <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 2:17 PM Subject: Re: Just replaced the throttle switch and am having drivability issues