Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 Feb 2006 16:03:44 -0500
From:         Roger Sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Just replaced the throttle switch and am having drivability
              issues

Well, i just replaced the o2 sensor and the problems are the same.

This engine should pull from 1300 rpms without protest. I get clutch chatter and bucking from 2300 rpms sometimes.The lower the gear , the sooner the bucking. It does run fine for 30 seconds or so when I start it up,so it seems to be a sensor/fuel injection problem..

Should I disconnect the throttle switch? I did that yesterday. Little change,once again.When I installed the new throttle switch, it was right on the money,but I got bucking.ECU? AFM? Vacuum leak? Wire broke in the distributor? Vacuum advance,or mechanical the in distributor? Water tempature II? Ignition timing?Cant think of anything else.

It seems like a switch. When my foot in just touching and releasing the accelerator(like in a parking lot)a switch seems to click on and off.Jerk- release-jerk-release, as the throttle is feathered.Same at higher speeds. When decelerating, from say 20-40mph, and then slightly accelerating again, I can feel the jerking,but it is muted a bit as the speed and momentem compensates.

Like I say, this started when I replaced left bank head gasket While doing this, I cleaned those ground wires under the a/c compressor.The distributor plug was removed ,and plug wires removed. I removed the intake runners and fuel injectors from the intake ports, but not from their hoses.Any more ideas what could be the problem?