Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Feb 2006 22:36:02 -0800
From:         jon <jon@KENNEKE.COM>
Subject:      Re: JB Weld question
Comments: To: Stephen Overmyer <S.OVERMYER@UWS.EDU.AU>

Epoxy (and that is what JB is, with some fillers) is not good for high temp applications. RTV and other types of sealants actually can have better high temp performance.

Or, there is always that cermic-ish "muffler cement". But, that gets brittle, and lasts about 1 day. Nothing beats a good old weld.