Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Feb 2006 22:43:50 -0500
From:         Todd Olson <todd.olson@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Buses by the Beach - Bus BRR Next Weekend!!!

Hey, Volks!

Time pack up the bus with Mylar blankets, hand warmers, space heaters and crock pots for chili and head to Pokagon State Park in Angola, Indiana on February 11-12th, 2006!

The hardy (stir crazy) Buses by the Beach gang will be out in force on Saturday afternoon getting the fire going, setting up the crockpot chili cooking and saying hello to old bus buddies and making new ones. We'll hit the toboggan runs that afternoon.

Here is some information below to help you get there:

Weather forecast for Saturday and Sunday is high of 26-27 degrees, low of 20 and a chance of flurries both days. Yeehah! We plan on arriving by 1:00pm on Saturday.

Cost for campsites with electric hookup is $11.00. We will be at sites numbered in the 80's on campground #3. There are clean pit toilets near our campground.

There is a $5.00 Gate Fee for Indiana plates and a $7.00 Gate Fee for non-Indiana vehicles.

For those Volksfolks not arriving in a bus, The Pottawatomie Inn is unfortunately full for the weekend of the 11-12th, but there is occupancy at the Super 8 Hotel on SR120 and the Ramada Inn (3855 N State Road 127, Angola, IN (877) 965-5341 just a couple of miles from the park. The Ramada has a rate of $79.00 for one night and the Super 8 is even lower.

Beautiful Pokagon State Park has a dual refrigerated Toboggan run that is more fun than driving a fully loaded Westy down a mountain road. Speed of 40 mph are hit on the way down!

Cost for to rent a 4 person toboggan is $10.00 per hour. We got in about 2 runs per hour last year. We just carted the toboggans back up the hill, but it is possible to throw them in the bus at the bottom and drive everyone and the toboggan back up to the top and get in more runs.

Firewood is $4.00 per bundle. We are having the park deliver around 8-10 bundles to our campsites and will pass the hat on Saturday evening to pay for the wood. Remember, due to the serious problem with Ash tree beetles, you cannot transport firewood. We have to buy it from the park. Bring musical instruments if you play!

If everyone brings either crockpot chili or dishes to pass we should have to enough to eat after the toboggan rides. There are picnic tables to set up on and share our food.

Sunday Brunch at the lovely Pottawatomie Inn is 11.95 for adults and .75 cents x kids age to 12. It is an awesome deal with very good food. Brunch is served starting at 8:00 until 2:00pm

Front gate is (260) 833-2012.

Pete's Cell Phone is (574) 286-0848

See you there!

Pete Owsianowski '87 Westy "Joe's Van" '79 Westy "Aardvark" Buses By the Beach.com Bus BRR! February 11th - 12th 2006 Angola, IN Bus Benefit! May 19th - 21st 2006 Grand Rapids, MI Bus Boo! September 15th - 17th Grand Rapids, MI For more information go to www.busesbythebeach.com