Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:08:00 -0800
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: [Syncro] Is there a tool for safely taking apart headlight
              assemblies?
Comments: To: sales@fastforward.ca
Comments: cc: "Syncro (E-mail)" <syncro@yahoogroups.com>

On 2/9/06, David Marshall <mailinglist@fastforward.ca> wrote: > > Let us know what you find out BenT. I have been using needle nose pliers > and holding my tong just right for this and often end up breaking at least > one of these plastic thingies as they are brittle over time. :p > > David Marshall

Well, I have not received an answer to me my question yet. I guess a trip to the VW dealer is in order. I took apart six sets of these headlights this week and broke none. However, every single one felt like they were on the verge of exploding into smithereens each time. I just thought there must be an easier way to do this w/o having to use needlenose pliers and my third hand.

BenT