Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 11 Feb 2006 09:37:15 -0500
From:         Christopher Gronski <gronski@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: FRIDAY: Aquired Treasures (WAS) Re: Roll of duct tape doubles
              as cupholder

My most recent westy had a German Coin (1 Mark I think - but I could be wrong) from the early 1980's. I think it was dropped during assembly or shipping.

Chris

On 2/11/06, Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@comcast.net> wrote: > I have bought so many vans over the years I could probably fill one van > with all of the stuff that I have found in vans after I have purchased > them. Some of the most memorable have been: > > A drug smoking pipe of some kind (don't really keep up with this stuff) > in the van that used to belong to a Rabinical student. > Several condomns in the van of a baby-faced kid who looked like he would > blush at the mention of the word. > A drive-away camping tent (new). > Another really old drive-away camping tent (I still haven't unpacked it > yet). > Several cans of beer and tuna fish in the fridge. > A Bible. > > One guy had a St. John the Baptist shifter knob (I kid you not) but he > remembered it at the last minute and took it with him. > > I have found hot plates, and hot kettles, and several sets of dishes in > westies. > > My latest westy had seat covers on all of the seats and rugs on all of > the floors. Under neath is brand new looking rug and upholstry! Sweet. > > It is always fun looking through these vans and wondering what you are > going to find next. > > Ken Wilford > John 3:16 > www.vanagain.com > > > Robert Fisher wrote: > > > Two tubes (thereabouts) of red Permatex- unfortunately it was spread > > out all > > over the engine in an 'attempt' to stop the head gasket leaks. > > A Bentley. > > An old Bud Light 12-bottle box with most of the passenger-side upper > > end of > > the engine in it. > > A spare tire that would Larry nightmares. > > > > Cya, > > Robert > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "Mike Williams" <westyvanagon@YAHOO.COM> > > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > > Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 3:43 PM > > Subject: FRIDAY: Aquired Treasures (WAS) Re: Roll of duct tape doubles as > > cupholder > > > > > >> Hello listees, > >> > >> i'm just wondering what, if anything, any of you have > >> aquired in your vanagons when you purchased them. > >> i've personally come up with some pretty wierd > >> stuff...especially in that nook ok the side of the > >> rear bench seat...by the way...you should always check > >> that for illegal paraphranelia left there by the > >> previous owner...both of my 84 Vanagon Westies came > >> with roaches, and one came with a cheap mexican pipe > >> stuffed with schwag weed...mmmm...old schwag (no, i > >> didn't smoke it)! > >> > >> the most interesting things i aquired were tokens of > >> 'luck' from previous owners...like a miniature buddha > >> that was velcroed to the panel above the instrument > >> cluster...and a jade charm that was supposedly traded > >> for food when the PO met up with some hungry nomad > >> hippie... > >> > >> both of my vans came with bottle openers, pocket > >> knives, and mexican bed roll blankets. i didn't quite > >> understand these gifts until i started traveling with > >> my westy...but i realized the bottle opener is to help > >> you crack a cold one when you break down in the > >> desert...the knifes are to help loosen fasteners in > >> your coolant system...and the blankets are for when > >> you slip with the knife and cut the coolant hose, > >> forcing you to sleep in the desert until help > >> arrives...if...it...arrives... > >> > >> haha...i'd love to hear your stories volks...lemme > >> know what free stuff you got! > >> > >> Mike > >> 2nd 84 Westy > >> > >> --- Mike Frost <mafrost@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > >> > >>> Are you saying that there are vanagons out there > >>> WITHOUT a roll of duct tape > >>> between the seats? How would you do field repairs? > >>> > >> > >> > >> __________________________________________________ > >> Do You Yahoo!? > >> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around > >> http://mail.yahoo.com > > > > >