Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 11 Feb 2006 11:36:57 -0600
From:         Sam Stone <svs3@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Fast Forward LT mirrors
Comments: To: Christopher Gronski <gronski@GMAIL.COM>

Chris,

No, the mirrors I got FF are a perfect fit on both the top and bottom. I just trying figure out the best way to attach the tops. The mirror housing has the following stamped on it (reading left to right): Wilke II E1 001070. I assume Wilke is manufacturer and the rest is the part number. I thought up until just looked the mirrors that they were OEM but perhaps not.

Also does anyone know the name of the company has the incredible selection of fasteners? Is it McMaster and something maybe?

Sam

Christopher Gronski wrote: > Sam I bought a pair of LT mirrors off eBay.de a few years back but > never ended up installing them because the holes at the bottom did not > match the old holes from the stock Vanagon mirrors. Did you find the > same thing? What is the part number on your mirrors? > > Chris > > On 2/10/06, Sam Stone <svs3@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > >> Hi all, >> >> Just getting around to attaching my LT mirrors. How does one attach the >> upper end of the bracket? Is there a corresponding hardware mounting >> kit? I have the screws VW uses to attach the lower end but have not >> been able to find the correctly threaded inserts. How have others >> attached these mirrors? I have sent an email to FF this afternoon but >> have yet to receive a reply. I tried to call them but the voice mail >> inbox is full so I couldn't leave a message, I will again this evening >> between 5pm and 8pm pacific. Even the body shop down the street from me >> has not been able locate the appropriate hardware. >> >> Thanks, >> Sam >> >> P.S. THANKS so much for all the help list provided I helping install a >> new instrument a while back. >> >> > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > Text inserted by Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security: > > This message has NOT been classified as spam. If it is unsolicited mail (spam), click on the following link to reclassify it: http://127.0.0.1:6083/Panda?ID=pav_13335&SPAM=true > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > > >