Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Feb 2006 20:17:48 -0600
From:         Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Axle Flange Seals

I made quick work of these seals with a cheap inertia (slide hammer) puller set. Use the rod with the pointed threaded tip (the one you use to screw into body panel holes) and put a wrench on the rod. Turn into the bearing... you won't hurt it, the tool is softer than the bearing... and the seal will ease right out. If you're really afraid of (can I say it?) scratching your balls, then position the sharp tip of the screw out on the race where you can't possibly hurt anything.

Me, I went straight for the balls.

Jim