Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Feb 2006 08:06:02 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: How to - or not - bleed the cooling system
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

No way is that circuit senstive enough to detect coolant concentration. The quality of the water supply will have more of an effect on resistivity than the antifreeze concentration. There is a huge difference btween hard tap water and de-ionized water. When the ignition is first turned on the warning should blink for a few seconds as the bulb check. The circutry for that function is part of the foil circuit board. Sometimes the timing capactior goes and the light will blink for a long time. Sometimes the coolant level control relay will go bad making the light blink forever or never turning it on.

Dennis

----- Original Message ----- From: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET> Date: Wednesday, February 8, 2006 3:37 pm Subject: Re: How to - or not - bleed the cooling system