Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 Feb 2006 08:27:00 -0800
From:         Mike Miller <mwmiller@CWNET.COM>
Subject:      bURNINGvAN four

Volks,

bURNINGvAN four, or so.

As usual the entire known universe showed up. OK, most of the universe. Some? OK, OK, there were about a dozen or so vans. The weather was wonderful, best ever. Really [as Dave Berry says, this is not made up]

Along with food, drink, a fair amount of dry wood and a magnesium engine case, donated by Valley Wagon Works of San Rafael, CA. We werenıt sure at first whether it was magnesium or not but as the ever resourceful Eldon was there he clobbered it until a chunk broke off. The chunk was thrown into the fire. It was magnesium. Really, weıre now sure. So are ships several miles out to sea, everyone on the beach [Ocean Beach, San Francisco, CA] near the beach, looking in the beachıs direction from as much as a mile or so away, or just driving by. Weıre really, really sure that Paul of Valley Wagon Works was correct when he told us it was magnesium.

I believe the word Iım looking for is bright, as in BRIGHT.

Oh, my.

Anyway we had a great time lying about our Vanagon gas mileage, actual, projected, theoretical and hypothetical. Along with reliability and comfort of course. Planning next yearıs extravaganza took a bunch of time too.

³Gonna have it again next year?²

³Yup²

³Great²

Then we ate and drank and laughed until all hours.

And admired the bright, blinding flames.

Thanks, Paul.