Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 Feb 2006 14:43:52 -0600
From:         Al and Sue Brase <albeeee@MCHSI.COM>
Subject:      Re: PayPal Scam phising/spoofs (NVC)
Comments: To: John Bange <jbange@GMAIL.COM>

And another thing- you can go to your e-mail settings and select the "full headers" or something like that. In Netscape it is: View: Headers: All (instead of "normal") This is pretty enlightening. In the case of a Phishing expedition somewhere in the full header will be the REAL source of the email and it is probably a third world country. And your mail program probably has identified it as an "untrusted sender" or words to that effect. (For anyone that has not done this, you should try it anyway, just to learn how. You'll not want to leave it on, because a full header takes up about half the page, leaving very little room for the text. I personally use Paypal almost exclusively with my Ebay transactions, and have little problem with it. On one really high priced item that I sold (flathead Ford supercharger) I requested that the seller just send a personal check. I think that trade in Vanagon parts is not the most logical fertile ground for scammers. In fact, one of the last places they would go. If the seller seems incredibly ignorant or unwilling to describe stuff, then maybe it's time to worry. (Perhaps the stuff doesn't even exist.) Al Brase