Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:27:47 -0800
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: BenT thanks for Burning Van
Comments: To: Blake Heinlein <blakeheinlein@gmail.com>

On 2/20/06, Blake Heinlein <blakeheinlein@gmail.com> wrote: > BenT & Burning Van Friends, > > I'm just catching up on posts from Burning Van. I had a great time There > was one other person that stopped by real quick. Her name was Chrissy (sp?) > and she has a '84 Westy, metallic brown, however she did not drive it > because she lives close enough to Ocean Beach to walk there. She didn't stay > very long. She brought a couple other friends who thought we were crazy for > gathering because we owned Vanagon. It's OK, you just can't understand > unless you have one. > > After the bonfire I stealth camped on Fulton St. along side the Golden Gate > park where a lot of other people we parking trailers. Didn't get harassed. > Fulton is a busy street even in the middle of the night, just a little > noisy. The next morning I drove through town at about 7:00am and absolutely > loved it. SF on a Sunday morning is a great time to drive around because > there is no traffic. Plenty of time to drive real slow and look at all the > sites (parks, houses, etc). > > Attendance Add-On > Chrissy (sp?), San Francisco, CA, 1985 Westy > > Definitely waiting for the next Northern California Vanagon gathering

WHoops!! I almost forgot David Rodriguez who rode in on his bike -- yes, the kind you pedal. David only lives down the road from the beach on the Great Highway. He has multiple Vanagons but elected to bike in. Thanks for jogging my memory, Blake.

BenT