Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Feb 2006 13:28:01 -0800
From:         mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Brake Problem maybe resolved?

Whatever shortcomings the mechanic may be guilty of, there is no requirement to bleed the fronts just because a leak in the rear drained the fluid out of the rear section. The fluid reservoir is divided into 2 parts, for safety. You can have a major leak in either front or rear and the other part will still have plenty of fluid to operate without any air getting into the good side. I personally would normally bleed both systems just to get fresh fluid into them both, even if I only replaced parts in one.

Mark