Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:28:09 -0500
From:         Sudhir Desai <sudhir.desai@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: New IRS Axles vs 108mm Porsche CVs
Comments: To: Dave Mari <vw4x41987@yahoo.com>

I have to say, I have never broken an axle. (3.4liter chevy v-6 with stock tranny/axles/cvs/hubs)

I definately broke more transaxles >:D

Sudhir

On 2/26/06, Dave Mari <vw4x41987@yahoo.com> wrote: > How are the new IRS axles holding up? Most of the vendors are now selling them in place of OEM rebuilts. I have broken one in 5k miles and was now thinking about the 930s, but its big$$ as I could keep 2 spare new axles in the van for 1/2 the price. > Dave :) > > eric abercrombie <ericsaddress@cox.net> wrote: > You might be right about the return on investment. I went with the > 930's not because of any failures on my van, but because I've seen > and heard of axles snapping in half. I guess I bought insurance as > much as anything because I tend to break the rules about proceeding > into remote places by myself. > > Former list member and all around nice guy ( Tim are you there ?) > snapped two "new" replacement axles in his 2.5 subaru powered sycnro > westfalia and not even while offroading > > Would the vendor who supplied those like to comment ? > > Picture of 930's on a custom axle next to stock 14" > > > http://members.cox.net/91syncrowesty/New%20axles%20with%20930% > 20cv.jpg > > > > --------------------------------- > Yahoo! Mail > Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments. >