Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Feb 2006 21:11:12 -0800
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@UVIC.CA>
Subject:      Re: Fuel Saver ?
Comments: To: Stephen Overmyer <S.OVERMYER@UWS.EDU.AU>

Its interesting but they sure seem to mix up a lot of fluid dynamics concepts, some of their statements seem contradictory.

Aside from that, one would think they would have a at least one or two pics showing streamlines before and after device install.

I know just a little of fluid behaviour, but enough to realise just how complicated it is. But yet I'd be tempted to bend a few up from sheet aluminum and attach with double sided tape...

Reminds me of one day seeing a 86 pass. Vanagon passing by (about 50 kph) as I was stopped at traffic light. It was belching, I mean really belching blue smoke from exhaust. The great thing was that the blue smoke really showed up that big neg press. area behind van, was as if the van had a big pile of blue cotton wool stuck on the rear.

Aside from the medicore Cd and large frontal area, that rear end sure makes Vanagons a drag :)

Alistair

'82 westy, diesel converted to gas in '94 http://www.members.shaw.ca/albell/