Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:15:45 -0800
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: help! (list related, not van related)
Comments: To: "jhecht@alum.mit.edu" <jhecht@alum.mit.edu>

On 2/23/06, jhecht@alum.mit.edu <jhecht@alum.mit.edu> wrote: > > Could someone please send me offline the instructions for how to switch to > digest? > > My laptop is down, I'm in Malawi with the world's worst internet > connection > on a borrowed desktop, without most of the info on my hard disk (including > how to switch to digest), and can't deal with the list volume at the > moment, nor could I possibly get to the web to figure out how to switch to > digest 'cause I'm lucky if my internet connection stays up for long enough > to even send a single email.

Joy,

See below.

BenT

Subscribing in 'Digest mode'

The Vanagon mailing list sends out lots of messages. If you receive these individually, it can be quite overwhelming. Some subscribers find that getting larger 'message digests' can help manage the flow of mail. In 'Digest mode', the vanagon mailing list with send out one or two messages daily. Each of these messages will contain multiple individual messages.

To subscribe in digest mode, subscribe normally. Once you've begun recieving messages from the mailing list, send the following message:

*To:* listserv@gerry.vanagon.com *Subject:* (leave this blank) *Body:* set vanagon digest

Send the message. You should get a confirmation from the Vanagon mailing list within a few hours.