Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:15:23 -0700
From:         John Brush <vanagonvw@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: gas tank;
Comments: To: bueses <bueses@EARTHLINK.NET>

> > Bob Mac <BOBMACDOWELL@WEBTV.NET> wrote: > > What's the deal with my gas tank. I ran out of gas the other day. put 2 > > gal in, drove 1 block. filled the tank 12 1/2 gal. That's 14 1/2 gal > > total. I thought the tank in these was 16 gal. or is this like the > > propane tank that's supposed to hold 3 gal but only holds 2.3 gal. Does > > the reserve tank have a secret lever to pull, hidden somewhere.

If you live in a place like where I drive, you may have used up that 2 gallons just waiting for the dorks at the light to put down their big mac, hang up the dang phone, and move out when the light turns green!! :-)

I don't have any good info, other than the tank was probably not completely empty, and when you filled it, you didn't get it completely full? The pickup point for the drain is not at the very bottom of the tank, so perhaps we loose a gallon plus a bit down in the dregs?? BTW, if you hit bottom on your tank, you may want to take a look at your fuel filter?

I see a lot of discrepancies between pumps and stations as to when it shuts off, and when it refuses to put out any more fuel no matter what. Some of they will overflow easily, others simply will not dispense when the air in the tank seems to be wanting to shut it off, even if its not full. I always fill at the same place, where the asphalt lists a bit to port, that way I seem to get more in, and its more consistent.

Of course that doesn't help you much, but I wanted to contribute to this goofball guy who trashed all of us, and may still be getting mail from the listees who have not been blocked :-)

John