Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Mar 2006 13:13:05 -0500
From:         Ric Golen <rgolen@UMASSD.EDU>
Subject:      Re: How long on the list?
Comments: To: Joel Walker <jwalker17@EARTHLINK.NET>

unka joel and the rest of vanagon-aholics,

You sure it was april 94 that the list started....I seemn to recall being an "Eurovan" interloper on the Vanagon list when I bought my 93 Eurovan in February 1993.....but then again wasn't the vanagon list originally the "Type2" list, or is my memory hazy as well....

But regardless, I've been on since either 93 or 94 (based upon the allybammah unka joel calendar).

Speaking of long timers, I bopped over to the Every Bus site (thinking of taking John Hiatt's advice to "Drive South") and then connected to T-shirts and over to Richard Palmer's site...and saw the Vanagon list shirts from 95 onwards....Got me one of them 95 shirts...as well as the later "special edition (re different shirt colors) t-shirts and even a Vanagon list mug!!

Maybe we ought to come up with a "vanagon list" collectable list...got even some of the "VW hubcap" and "VW Euro oval" list stickers from the early days!

How many remember Unka Joel's highly irregular misuse of Allybamnah's tax payers money - the updated-every-Fryeday list member list! Some folks have had way too much time on their hands!! ;-)

What a long strange trip its been!!

Ric