Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Mar 2006 14:22:09 -0500
From:         robertmstewart <robertmstewart@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: interesting way to add back lights
Comments: To: Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>

When I added my 3rd brake light I did exactly what Jim said. I attached it to the lower section of AC unit. The wires run down the right side shaft and tap into the brake light wiring. The light is easily visible from the rear of the van at night.

Check my website, I believe the 3rd photo on the left. " Vanagon Silver Glow Tape:Magnet System" http://homepage.mac.com/rmstewart/PhotoAlbum20.html

I also made some reflective glow strips which I attached to the rear of the van, as you can see it adds plenty of visibility and works very well at keeping speeding drivers away from the vans tail end to prevent would be tailgaters from causing an accident. I drove many trips to upstate NY and NYC and never had a problem with tailgaters of police.

I plan on selling these glow strips in a about a month if anyone is interested.

-- Rob NYC/Long Beach, NY 88 Wolfsburg, Silver