Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 7 Mar 2006 17:07:09 -0500
From:         Ken Lewis <kdlewis_wating_time@ALLVANTAGE.COM>
Subject:      Re: permanent fuel pressure gauge
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>

I agree full time monitoring might be rxcessive, so add a DPDT switch so the oil gauge can do double duty. Why? Car will not start, switch it over; no fuel pressure. AHA! Pumps out. After a fill-up you notice terrible gas milage, switch it over; too much pressure. AHA! fuel regulator. Or you smell it's running rich, switch it over, turn off the engine and notice the pressure plummit. AHA! leaky injectors.

I think I just talked myself into trying to hook one up.

As for the sparks, doubt it. Besides, have you ever opened a fuel pump (on the work bench) and applied power? You would be horrified at the shower of sparks the brushes produce!

Ken Lewis http://neksiwel.20m.com/ ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Haynes" <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 6:58 PM Subject: Re: [VANAGON] permanent fuel pressure gauge