Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Mar 2006 10:49:12 -0500
From:         robertmstewart <robertmstewart@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Brake Pressure Regulator for an 88/Other parts
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@optonline.net>

Dennis,

The Pressure Regulator unit on my van is working fine, the problem is that in having all the OEM brake lines, all rear drums, shoes, front rotors, Girling Calipers, with new pads installed they found the Pressure Regulator was very rusty.

So when the went to remove the brake line connections they could not as the connectors on the Pressure Regulator were way to rusty. So they told me to get a new one.

Any idea what type of T connector I need on the front and rear, I have gone to busdepot, gowesty, van-café, vanagain and I do not see the part listed anywhere...

Here's the list of what I was told was needed to finish the job:

1 Brake Pressure Regulator  Vanagain Part #:251612501*** - $99 Vanagain.

Total of 4 - 2 inner/2 outer bearing for rotor (was told by mechanic)  Vanagain Part #: 251405645B*- outer $12 each $24 pair 113517185C****** inner $14 each $28

2 grease seals for rotor  Vanagain Part #: 251407641A****   (2) $3 each $6

2 special nuts hold rotor in place  Vanagain Part #: N201121*** $2.50 each $5

2 T Brake Line connectors for the front & 1 for the Rear (total of 3) Part# No idea???? I think this should work.... Found this... Classic Tube.com $9.95 each 3/16" http://www.classictube.com/prodview.asp?idno=122&searchtype=tubing&partno=BR KL-3

20 ft Stainless Steel Tubing - $59.00 http://www.classictube.com/prodview.asp?idno=135&searchtype=tubing&partno=C3 S

The pricing for the tubing seems expensive is it?