Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 10 Mar 2006 04:51:55 -0800
From:   Joseph Fortino <fortino1@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:   Re: New VW Commercials

Speed Kills is on the back of my bus * sticker *. I let others do as they will, but all i ask is to please allow me the right lane... fast traffic just needs to use their heads if they do? pass on the right? bad news.

If someone is coming up on me in the left lane allow me to move right,, kinda simple but people make things hard on themselfs and others.

all things suffer.. peace~ Joe

-----Original Message----- >From: Nathaniel Everett Daniels <nate_daniels@SPEAKEASY.NET> >Sent: Mar 9, 2006 7:59 PM >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >Subject: Re: New VW Commercials > >For the love of... This has nothing to do with commercials. Are the >VW fast commecials stupid? Yes. Are people stupid? Yes. Does >everyone do everything they see in commercials? No. Even if we didn't >have commercials showing us that it's cool to drive fast, would people >do it? Absolutely. > >-Nate Daniels > > >Robert Rountree wrote: > >> This is where....... FAST........ will get you. >> >> Last week-end my neighbour was pushing snow out the end of his secluded >> country driveway with his bobcat. He was T-boned by a speeding >> snowmobiler. >> >> Speed Kills and in this case left, a widow, 2 fatherless children, >> and a >> seriously traumatized nice old man. >> >> Cars can not safely do what they show in TV commercials... when will >> we stop >> being lied too? >> >> Or is there anyone left who's still got any smarts left after so much >> Reality TV? >> >>>> Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 13:46:05 -0800 >>> >> From: Anthony Egeln <regnsuzanne@YAHOO.COM> >> Subject: Re: New VW Commercials >> >>>>> I wouldn't over-think this one. Since the dawn of time young men have >>>>> enjoyed >>>> >> going fast....whether it be on a horse or a high performance jet >> aircraft. >> As >> far as speeding goes, if you act irresponsibly behind the wheel, you >> go to >> jail. >> That doesn't preclude driving fast for fun on secluded country, >> mountain or >> desert roads. >> >>> From someone well past fast but still able to remember........ >> >> Anthony >> '89 Syncro GL (Hidalgo) >> >>