Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:18:15 -0800
From:         Jon Brown <jbrown510@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tiico Parts Availability?
Comments: To: Matthew <mpteleski@YAHOO.COM>

Excellent post Matthew. I would add that in terms of a "turnkey" conversion, the TiiCo does come closer than anything else, FWTIW. There certainly are a few items we'd all like to improve on, and do, but you can legitimately drop it in a drive it away as delivered.

I'd also add, that I've listened for years as Subie converters have complained that the Kennedy fails to support or improve their adaptors for the Subies. Granted, it's not marketed as a turn key type thing, but it would be nice if Kennedy's development of the conversion didn't end the day he cobbled together one conversion and got an EO for it. It took years for someone like Small Car to come in and commercially fill in the missing pieces. So TiiCo is not alone on lack of follow through.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Bostig motor...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matthew" <mpteleski@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:35 AM Subject: Re: [VANAGON] Tiico Parts Availability?