Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:25:14 -0800
From:   Anthony Egeln <regnsuzanne@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:   Re: Diesel Conversions
Comments:   To: Roger Sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>

On a related item.....I discovered today that the state of Florida (where I live) requires payment of an alternate fuels tax for vehicles set to run on anything except petro fuels...it is illegal to sell the alternate fuel to a vehicle not displaying the alternate fuels tax decal. This is how they recoup the road tax lost when an owner uses an alternate fuel. Not a lot of E85 or bio-diesel here yet anyway I think. Anthony '89 Syncro GL (Hidalgo) - to run on bio-diesel or ethanol someday

Roger Sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM> wrote: I dunno,but I still think salvaging heating oil from houses where the owner is convertiong to natural gas is a source of overlooked bio-diesel (technically not bio diesel).Diesel fuel = heating oil- road taxes. I dont have a diesel(still wish I did),but if I did,I would contact several HVAC companys and check if they need the old leftover oil removed from the tank (hazardest material).Not too many gallons /tank, but if I could pump a few per week,I would be set.Get to do it regualrly for these companys and do it right,and have them call me whenever they have a conversion to do from a heating oil customer.I could even stock it up in an old 275 gallon tank in the basement.Many people are doing this conversion year round.Even when they are replacing or adding central air.I heard last night that naural gas prices have fallen by 50 perecnt or more recently.In the DC area, electricity prices are set to go up 70-80 percent next month ,overnite.Deregulation they say.Nautral gas (or fire wood) is the way to go around here.

--------------------------------- Yahoo! Mail Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.