Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Mar 2006 20:30:46 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Any have a Good Used Condition Brake Pressure Regulator for
              an 88?
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>

Basically, when the valve goes bad, the rear brakes do not work. Unlike front heavy, front wheel drive cars, the rear brakes do a significant amount of stopping. There is a test procedure for the valve. You just need the 3,000 psi test set. (Right!) A simpler test is to apply the emergency brake while stopping with the foot brakes. If you can easily get a noticeable increase in stopping power with the handbrake, it is likely the pressure regulator is going. At 17 years of age, it doesn't owe you much anyway.

Dennis