Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Mar 2006 07:41:12 -0800
From:         Craig Morton <rangermorton1972@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Fwd: Re: need input on confusing CV joints...

There is the possibility that it would work better if installed to turn in the opposite direction. If funds are tight this might work for awhile. I have read that rotating the joints so that the direction of rotation is changed will extend their life expectancy. I have not tried this but would if child number three enters college before number one and two graduate.

Craig

carboncow <feller@CARBONCOW.COM> wrote: Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 10:12:12 -0500 From: carboncow <feller@CARBONCOW.COM> Subject: Re: need input on confusing CV joints... To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM

I agree Bill. If assembled wrong it's frozen, from what I can tell there are only two options. Correct and working and frozen. If you assemble the bearings and the outer ring through the backside it will lock up.

I'm guessing there is just a flaw in the low quality unit since this was a replacement that had the click.

Shawn