Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:57:59 +0000
From:         Robert Rountree <syncro87@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      All n one's vlvc

outdated all n one's...

While on vacation in Fla. I was driving around in a Lexus SC430 and a Lexus RX330... even though the 430 cost twice as much I preferred the 330... I know I'm boring... I also now drive a 03Camry, it serves my wife's needs well... what I'm getting at... is in-car computers and talking GPS systems.... a lot of new cars have built in DVD players and computers. they add more to the cost of the vehicle and they can't be removed for use outside the vehicle or elsewhere.... now you guys are computer savvy... you know how fast computers change and how fast they drop in price for older slower systems. For less than a grand you can get all this stuff in a laptop (with a much better and larger screen for viewing I might add) that can be used anywhere in your main vehicle and other vehicles, boats etc....and when you go to sell the vehicle it doesn't have such dated equipment in the dash or overhead tiny screens..... You think your tires cost a lot... well we had to replace the tires on the Lexus SC430... they are a run-flat type...very low profile... sorta solid rubber... they only last about 15k and cost $2k to replace... oh yeah and $250 for your basic oil change.....But hey, they have a putting green and a sharp dressed lady who serves you free cappuccino while you get hosed for this. Ya want to know where VW is going... I think they will drop all the small car stuff and go upscale Audi , TT., Touareg type high margin stuff.....VW is getting tired of hearing common folks complain about poor design and workmanship... they know the rich folks just figure it's part of being in the game... if ya can't pay the ante.... ya can't play with us...... go play somewhere else.

We Vanagon folks of course are already having to look after ourselves. Just another marginalized strata of lower society. Welcome to Nawlins. At least they haven't stopped playing quality music on the radio or lied to us about other things........have they?

RR