Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 11 Mar 2006 07:48:23 -0800
From:         mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Where to get a Sure Power 1315-200 battery isolator?
Comments: To: carboncow <feller@CARBONCOW.COM>

The SurePower 1315 is NOT an isolator, it is a smart separator. There is no voltage drop with it. The older diode type isolators do have a voltage drop but not this separator. The 1315 is the best way to go for a Vanagon, IMHO, since it requires no modification to the alternator or to the base vehicle wiring.

The 1315 product IS a smart relay.

Mark