Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Mar 2006 10:04:34 -0700
From:         Adrian Bertarelli <abertarelli@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Wheels??
Comments: To: Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@mac.com>

Here comes the wheel issue again, Listen i went through the same thing a few years ago. I went with the gowesty 16 inche wheels. A little on the pricey side but not really. The offset is not correct, I knew that from the get go. The wheels have been on my syncro for 2 years now, no issues at all. They bolted right up I put some big BFG all terain Ta's on there and I have been happy. Debate this topic until you are blue in the face, but i will still say they are one of the best options out there for a direct replacement bolt on modification. Now if you got some audi wheels for a freakin steal I would say go for it bore those puppies out and you will be happy, but thoose alloys from go westy have been pounded into the ground, curbs, rocks, mud, and everything else you can think of. I live on an old gold mine road in colorado and just to get to my house you need the granny gear and some skills. They have held up to extremes and i am happy.

my two cents

Adrian

On 3/12/06, Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@mac.com> wrote: > Derek Drew still seems to be able to get the CV900s(?) 16" wheels. > The Carat 2's (another South African wheel) seems to have > disappeared, leaving only the Rheins in that department. Chris will > promptly chime in with Audi (XXX) wheels. > > Europe seems to have more choices. But if you are willing to pay, I'm > sure you can get one or another wheel manufacturer to supply you > wheels. Essentailly, you tell them the offset, and bolt pattern and > they'll cut the holes to match. Of course, if you do that, you may be > looking at a unique set of wheels (Note, I did, exactly this when I > got wheels for my Corrado. The manufacturer stopped making those > wheels, so what I've got is it.) > > > On Mar 13, 2006, at 1:25 AM, Rob Rubin wrote: > > > I am thinking about wheels and have been scurrying the internet and > > this > > site as well, all I seen to fink are two offered from go westy ( the > > Mercedes type and the rhiens) and the ones offered from ronel are > > those > > really all my choices??? > > > > Rob >