Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Mar 2006 11:12:25 -0800
Comments:     Resent-From: River Clan <ri@riverclan.org>
Comments:     Originally-From: River Clan <ri@riverclan.org>
From:         River Clan <ri@RIVERCLAN.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Diesel conversions for Vanagons??

Grease Works did a TDI install in a syncro.

It cost 10k, and Justin put in a LOT of free hours getting the bugs out.

1.6 and 1.9td's don't have enough power for a westy. My friend has one and she can't get it over 45 up a small pass on the coast range. They overheat easily, and really need an intercooler which is difficult to install.

While I am a biodiesel advocate/activist, and own a TDi Beetle and a 1.6TD powered suzuki samurai, I am ok with gas in my Westy, cuz the TDi's are still a very expensive option.

Ri