Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Mar 2006 21:36:32 -0800
From:         BA <ande@SAN.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: Looking for new adoptive parents in Seattle

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 02:09:34 -0800, you wrote:

>--- Chris Radcliffe ><chrisr_vanagon@MINDSPRING.COM> wrote: > >> It's a one-sided story. If Vanagons could >> talk, you'd see a lot of divorce >> papers filed, stating "Van says she has to go" >> :-) >> >> ChrisR in SF >> > >Or how about finishing the sentence like: > >- wife says vanagon must go - because Vanagon >doesn't go fast enough. > >If the Vanagon had more power , auto trans, power >steering(if an older one) , and nice shiny paint >, she might like it. > >But wife is stylish, keeps with trends, like >modern things, likes her neighbor's SUV or >minivan with remote doors. > >I remember a guy who had a nice vanagon, not for >very long, he got rear-ended, wife took the money >and bought new minivan.

Heh.

Remember being an adult, nearby to an adolescent who is trying to cope with the first bits of personal freedom?

One tells them, "If you ever want to say no but are afraid to be 'uncool', then you have my full permission to say no because "my <close relative> will just *kill* me if I do" ... and blame it on me, and I'll back you up on it"

Hmmm ... what if *both* of us are vandolescents ... ?!?!?

B(&S) '87 Westy 'Esmerelda Blanc' SoCal