Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Mar 2006 14:52:58 -0500
From:         Sam Walters <sam.cooks@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      WTB 2 or 3 used  BFG AT KO 215/75R15

During the time I was driving my Syncro shortly after the conversion and

then after my shoulder surgery I didn't pay enough attention to maintenance and didn't rotate the tires and didn't notice that I was having uneven wear on the two tires on the front. Now both of them are uneven worn with greater wear on the outside.

I need to get the alignment redone and I think I need two more tires. However, my three evenly worn tires all have only 10-11 / 32 of tread left and it seems like two new ones at 16/32 of tread would be too much inequality in rolling circumference for the VC.

I know that others have sometimes failed to do regular rotations and ended up having to buy a whole new set of tires. I am trying to avoid this for right now.

So, does anybody out there who had to buy a new set of 5 have has 2 good, yet partially worn matching tires with the same 10-11 mm of tread left on them and who would be willing to sell them? I might buy 3 if you had them and have one as a backup.

Sam

-- Samuel L. Walters Attorney at Law GIS and Demographic Consultant Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution

304 Ilchester Ave. Baltimore, MD 21218

410-235-3086 (voice/fax) 410-598-6068 (cell)

All incoming and outgoing email scanned by regularly updated Norton AntiVirus.

-- Sam Walters Baltimore, MD

89 Syncro GL, Zetec Inside 85 Westy Weekender 85 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbodiesel - to become veggie oil powered

All incoming and outgoing email scanned by automatically updated copy of Norton AntiVirus.