Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Mar 2006 14:08:19 -0800
From:         Keith Ovregaard <kovregaard@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Sources needed - Vanagon Cover

Hi all,

Yesterday I bought one of those Costco portable garages. Got the OK from the landlord to set it up in her driveway and as soon as I was half way done erecting the thing she comes out and says it's too big and refuses to let me keep the thing. Needless to say, I was a bit peeved and once again questioning the sanity of menopausal women. But that's another story. My next idea is to offer to put some really nice planters along the side and see if she softens up enough to allow it to stay. Otherwise I will have to return it to Costco (a phone call confirmed it would be OK even though original packaging was removed) or offer it to local Vanagon folks. Too big & heavy to ship!

I found that the quality of parts is pretty darn good for the price and it was well thought out. Instructions took me a while to find, but it was easy to follow. Parts are well labeled and organized. The frame fit together well, but I did not get a chance to evaluate the cover fit.

Keith O. 84 Westy "Brownie" 90 Westy Syncro