Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Mar 2006 21:07:13 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Trailers, Portable Generators and the like
Comments: To: Evan Martin <emartin@EWORLD3.NET>

Laptops are extremely tolerant due to the converter feeding a battery. You should not have any problem.

Dennis

Think I should charge my laptop off of my Honda 1000i without any additional protection?

Evan

The Honda and Yamaha generators are really cool, high tech units. They are well built but the real advantage is in the electronics. I have experience with the Hondas. The Honda units are actually generator powered inverters. The output is always 60 Hz, and clean. The engine will actually change speed to support the required load. At idle, they are almost silent. The really cool thing is that they can be linked together. Have a 2000 and need more. If someone else at the campground has, connect the two and have 4,000 watts. This is one of those areas you get what you pay for.

Dennis