Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Mar 2006 20:06:22 -0500
From:         Wesley Pegden <wes@CS.UCHICAGO.EDU>
Subject:      Re: New VW Commercials
Comments: To: aircooledchris@EUCASAFARI.VENDIOWEB.COM

Oh, let me say without any qualifications, that I love the Unpimp my ride ad. I think it's hilarious. I think some of the "get friends with your fast" commercials have some problems. It's just commercials, though... I'm not losing any sleep over it. I'm glad you pointed out the lebowski reference, though... I had totally missed it. If only there was a ferret in the ad....

-Wes

Chris Renz wrote: > its just a commercial, and really if you aren't the type person to buy > a GTI > in the first place, its not suprising that the new ad just doesnt > speak to > you. > > personally, since I have rather enjoyed GTI's over the years (as does my > wife), I love the new ads. > > its a fun little poke at the total lack of style that toyota, honda > and ford > have in that same market. > > not to mention they are saying what a LOT of us have been thinking for a > while when you see these stupid shows slapping $10k worth of electronics > into a $2k car - "dont." > > I suppose if I hated the new design, id probably hate the ads also, but > since I really like the new style (really glad they got back to a nice > compact size!) I do find myself loving the new commercials. > > plus anyone that's seen the big lebowski should recognize that german > dude > as one of the band members from the group 'Autobahn'- which is funny in > itself. > > if the idea is to create interest in those that would generally be > interested in this specific product, I think they did well. > > if the idea is to create interest in all of their other products as well, > who knows, but I doubt it'd do any harm at all. > > id never buy a brand new vehicle, but maybe in a year or two I might > look to > 'unpimp my auto' > > cr >