Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:27:03 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Was 12V fridge necessary? now rant (LVC)
Comments: To: Larry Alofs <lalofs@RCN.COM>

The refrigerator in my motorhome is 700 watts. Electricity here on Long Island approaches $.18/kwh. There is no 12 volt element as a 70 amp load is not practical. As for $5-10 night for electric, in the vanagon that would be crazy. If I was to run the 2 air conditioners full time and use electric for the hot water and refrigerator, and use the electric oven regularly in the motor home, I could see a $200 month electric bill at our rates easily.

Dennis

----- Original Message ----- From: Larry Alofs <lalofs@RCN.COM> Date: Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:20 am Subject: Re: Was 12V fridge necessary? now rant (LVC)