Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Mar 2006 07:48:07 -0500
From:         Christopher Gronski <gronski@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Thoughts on Mr. Heater Buddy?
Comments: To: Geza Polony <gezapolony@sbcglobal.net>

I used the smaller Mr. Heater to supplement my less than adequate heater during a cross country trip in January (London, Ontario to Crecent City, California).

On of the nice unadvertized features of the Mr. Heater is it fits perfectly between the vanagon front seats. It kept us toasty and warm the whole trip. I would recommend one of these to every air cooled vanagon owner out there (who isn't also blessed with a BA6 under the van).

Granted we were awake the whole time, and the interior was out of my van, creating several ventilation holes not present when the interior is in. But I still think you'd be fine in a more closed vanagon as long as you were moving. Remember there is a flow through ventilation system changing the air in your van as you drive.

I also turned the heater on in the van a bit before we got ready to leave in the morning, and it was a nice way to pre heat the interior (though the windoes did steam up a bit). I never saw the high altitude warnings but it was used without incident on 10,000ft mountain passes.

Chris

On 3/14/06, Geza Polony <gezapolony@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > Well, the darn thing sure works well. I sat there this morning, temps around > 40*, with the slider wide open and the Mr Heater on in the doorway. Kept it > nice and toasty. Seems like a good auxiliary heater if no more. > > Maybe a canary in the van would help... > > 12 v blankets seem like a great idea, too. > > Hard to justify an expensive heater for a car that only cost $1900. I'm > going to stick with the Mr Heater but only use it when not sleeping and with > plenty of ventilation...and when by myself... > > Thanks to all. >