Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Mar 2006 08:14:05 EST
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: propane tank R&R, comments needed...

In a message dated 3/20/2006 11:03:03 P.M. Central Standard Time, LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM writes:

I bought a replacement tank that was painted gray. I started to paint it >black but had second thoughts and checked with the local large purveyor of >propane and propane accessories and was told that they would not fill it if >I painted it black. Afraid of the dark absorbing too much heat from the >road. I didn't argue or pursue it further. Mine's now white.

Sorry, but I just had to take the time from my Mexican tour to respond to this nonsense. BOTH tanks on My Westy are painted black, POR-15 to be exact and I have NEVER had anyone anywhere refuse to fill them ! I have been in and had my propane tanks refilled in most of the States, throughout Canada and Mexico ! I also have numerous customers for whom I have refinished their tanks in black POR-15 and same story. These are FACTS not fiction. I want to know the location of the propane place that refused to fill a black tank under a Westy. Probably someone somewhere with no education of the facts ! Black, white or any colour you choose for your tank makes no difference to anyone except the owner who likes the colour.

BTW - Rita & I are now in Puebla and have a tour of the VW plant here scheduled for 12 noon today. Pics of the plant will be posted to our Travelogue soon.

Travelogue at> _Profile for Frankandrita from Canada_ (http://travelpod.com/members/frankandrita)

Cheers,

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada '87 Westy, '90 Carat, '87 Wolfsburg (Forsale) & Lionel Trains Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley _Frank Condelli & Associates_ (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/busindex.html) _Vanagon Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems_ (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/stebro.htm) _BusFusion_ (http://members.aol.com/BusFusion/bfhome.htm) a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 08 ~ 11, 2006